Monday, May 9, 2016

Today was enough telescope for 400 zł and smartphone to my heart beat faster – Spider’s Web

When I watched the transit of Mercury on the background of the solar disk my heart beat faster. I realized that we live in amazing times when you need very little to see a lot.

How to observe the sky?

For several months I have a very simple refractive telescope. I purchased a used copy for less than 400 zł. I bought him giving eyepiece magnification of 120 times. Value close to the maximum useful, given the diameter of the lens, which is only 70 mm. Most often I use a 20-mm eyepiece, which provides a larger order of 45 times. To put it bluntly, my equipment is weak, totally amateur. Old-timers forums astronomical do not recognize this type of telescopes fit for observation. I know because I read before buying a lot about this. Nevertheless, I decided to consciously so, and not another model. For several reasons.

I live on the outskirts of the big city. In addition, in the block of flats. Buying better equipment simply does not make sense. I was looking for a telescope that could deport from the time of the city, not too heavy and a small. But he was also capable of looking at the sky from the balcony. The most important was therefore mobility.

Paper & # x119; & # x17C; Moon

Light pollution causes the night sky on the outskirts of the metropolis does not look spectacular. it does not mean that you can not see anything. the range of observation are primarily the Moon and planets. for amateur refractor we can see not only natural satellite of the Earth, but Jupiter with its four largest moons. When good conditions see bands in the atmosphere of the largest planet of the solar system and the ring of Saturn. Mars did not impress the size of the eyepiece, but quickly notice why is called the Red planet. Venus will present us his charm in the subsequent phases. Although the telescopes of similar parameters poorly suited for viewing nebulae we can easily see, eg. an object Messier 42, or the Great Nebula in Orion. also, star clusters look beautiful. I’m in love, above all in the Pleiades.

Passage of Mercury on the background of the solar disk

May 9 could observe the transit of Mercury on the solar disk. Without great effort I could see one of the most beautiful astronomical events this year. Not only that, enough for a smartphone, which I use every day to this moment to register. Of course, I’m not going to compete with astrophotography, I do not even pretend to group astrophotographers. His amateur photos I could not show your friends and family. What I am completely satisfied.

Transit of Mercury by shields & #  x119; S & # x142; o & # x144; ca

All this reminds me of what amazing the times we live in. How can we open the doors of learning ourselves and our children.

Finally, how much is enough to see a lot. When I was a kid I never dreamed that I could watch the stars and planets through a telescope. Firstly, because that you could not just go to the store to buy the instrument. even if it was possible price zwalałaby feet. Build your own Newtonian telescope is also not out of the question.

Today, we can not only look at the sky but delight in microcosm by cheap microscopes. Probably never tangible contact with science was not so easy. the funny thing is that the “weak” equipment, as would call it advanced enthusiasts, more than enough to discover their streak explorers, kindle a spark and catch passion. best of all, regardless of age.

Psst! Spider’s Web is on YouTube – look to us and see what we do.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment